Anyone a little excited by the title of this post?? Don't be. There is no update from Rwanda but I am hopeful to hear something next week. I received an email from our agency that stated they anticipated having an update to share next week. I am hopeful that this update will be include information on how the Ministry is moving forward in the weeks and months to come. I know in my heart that the Ministry has the children and their well being as a priority. I also know that the nuns love the children and do wonders with the situation at hand. I know that they pray for them and with them everyday. That gives me peace when I am feeling frustrated by the waiting and the unknown. In the beginning of September, following the closure, we felt that by October we would have a better understanding of how things would move forward with adoptions. In October we felt the same thing about November. Here we are in November and are saying the same thing about December! It makes me laugh a little because every month we are sure that we will know more next month. So when we find something out...we predicted that we would know it in that month!
I want to clarify a few things that people have asked me after reading the blog. We have NO intentions of removing our dossier from Rwanda. We are committed to Rwanda. Our family will grow through Rwanda (God willing). We are hopeful for our adoption in Rwanda. We trust the process in Rwanda. We feel that it is ethical and the children are always kept as the priority. Second, do not assume you know the gender because we packed up the girl clothing! We did request a specific gender which we will be keeping a secret. The girls clothing was simply packed up and moved to the basement for now. It was difficult to look at the clothes since they were purchased for two different girls who were identified and then were not able to join our family. So you may be right or you may be wrong if you think you know the gender!
Another random thought. There are culture camps and activities all over the country for children who have been adopted internationally. There are many centered around China and a fair number for Ethiopia. There are 150 families in line currently but I am unsure how many are American. I wonder if anyone will organize something for our Rwandan children? I sure hope so. It would be nice to have a gathering that would allow many of us to meet.
I hope to have an update to share next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hi Laura,
ReplyDeleteCheck out RINA (http://rinaonline.org/aboutus.aspx). I met one of the founding members when I was at the Rwanda Embassy submitting our dossier in August. They are planning on eventually organizing cultural camps, Kinyarwanda language classes, etc. for Rwandans in the USA. These activities will most likely be in DC, but it may be worth the trip!
Have a great weekend!
Torri
I would love to hear what kind of updates you hear from your agency if any new, any news seems to give hope (themahoney4@hotmail.com)
ReplyDelete