our dossier will be logged in for 24 weeks. It seems so strange. When we first began our Rwanda adoption the wait time from submission to referral/travel was 24 weeks at the long end. Well it has been 24 weeks and we are a far cry from wrapping this thing up. I guess this Christmas morning Jake will be stuck looking at my face. Maybe I can wear pajamas with feet and wake him up at 5 am. I am not sure that it will be the same as having a little one. I would even be willing to make him watch me open my presents, clean up the mess and then make me breakfast. That is how far I am willing to go to make him happy!
Maybe Christmas won't be like Halloween when I made everyone, including the dogs, hide in the basement. I wouldn't even let the dogs upstairs thinking that the kids would come to the door, the dogs would bark and somehow everyone would know we were in fact home and hiding in the basement. I made Jake close the blinds and turn off all the lights. He couldn't even leave the little light on under the microwave because we all know that the little microwave light is a sign to all that you are in fact home! Okay maybe I didn't need to turn off every light and lock everyone in the basement. A little much possibly.
24 weeks down. There may be 24 more weeks to go. Do you have a party to celebrate your 6 month log in date-inversay?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Celebrate everytime you get a chance. No matter what is ahead 24 weeks are now behind you!!!
ReplyDelete