Friday, May 20, 2011
Mini Update
This isn't new information but I figured I would pass it along. The Ministry that processes adoptions is part of the MIGEPROF. The MIGEPROF is lead by a Minister. The old Minister is the one who issued our verbal approval. The President of Rwanda appointed new Ministers May 6 to begin May 9 for many branches of the government. The old Minister and the new Minister overlapped briefly but the roles have been officially changed. So there is one large change involving adoptions in Rwanda. There have been three people working with adoptions for the past few months. The woman who headed these people resigned the same week the new Minister started. So there is another change. We have been assured that our verbal approval has not been lost in the shuffle of people but we still don't have our official letter. I don't think that many, if any, official non-objection letters have been issued since these large changes have taken place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment